Search the Neighborhood Archive

      

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Charted Designs for Needlework [1982]

I'm certainly no cross-stitch aficionado so I didn't feel this item was worth a bid but in an effort to share "all things Mister Rogers," I thought it only appropriate to post on here. This item (which, for the record, sold on eBay for $5.99) is a 1982 production of Art by Abby which features charted cross-stitch patterns featuring Henrietta Pussycat, X the Owl, Lady Elaine Fairchilde, Daniel Striped Tiger, the Neighborhood Trolley, and King Friday's Castle.

  

1 comment:

oddharmonic said...

If I had seen it I would have bought it, but I cross-stitch. There appears to be a couple pieces of framed needlework of Trolley in one of the offices seen in Speedy Delivery and I got ridiculously excited speculating about what it might be. I guess it's time for me to buy the DVD and pause at those scenes.

1982 also saw Sesame Street charted pattern booklets for cross-stitch and plastic canvas. The cross-stitch one usually sells for $10 and up on eBay.