Okay. I promise. This is it. Barring some sort of major breakthrough, I'll drop the obsession with Mr. Allmine after this post. I just wanted to pass along some specific details I was given regarding Bert Lloyd's appearances on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood as Mr. Allmine.
A few days ago I received an email from a reader who has a firm grasp on the history of the Neighborhood and I was provided the following facts regarding Mr. Allmine:
* First appeared in 1974 on episode 1336. These are the episodes which have been mentioned where Daniel's clock goes missing at the hands of Mr. Allmine.
* Mr. Allmine returns in 1975 on episode 1413. In this episode, Bert Lloyd appears outside the Neighborhood of Make-Believe as he joins Johnny Costa at Francois Clemmons' music studio.
* Appearances continue through episode 1415 as Mr. Allmine is reformed and no longer takes things. On episode 1414, he even sings a song about this very topic -- "Some things belong to you. Some things belong to me."
* Another appearance on episode 1424 at Betty Aberlin's Little Theater Game Show.
* Mr. Allmine, as previously mentioned, appears on episode 1425 in the Key to Otherland opera.
* Mr. Allmine's final appearance comes on episode 1443 when Mr. McFeely goes to the Land of Allmine to find a rainbow.
By my count, I come up with seven episodes that Mr. Allmine appeared in but the source providing this information suggests that there were a total of ten. Either way, I am grateful for the details on Mr. Allmine as I lay this temorary obsession to rest.
At least for now.