Search the Neighborhood Archive

      

Thursday, June 16, 2011

X the Owl! Now where is Queen Sara...

If you've been reading the Neighborhood Archive for long enough, you know that one of the things that I am constantly looking for is any form of evidence that the Neighborhood of Make-Believe Playset from 1977 was ever produced.



Having come up with a few of the figures from this set myself, I was excited to see the X the Owl figure show up on eBay recently.



After submitting what I feel was a pretty healthy bid, I was still beat out in the end by another bidder. But all is well. While it would have been cool to get my hands on this figure, the main thing I wanted was to add detailed images of it to the Archive site.

With a quick message sent to the seller, I asked if it would be possible for him to send me some images before he packaged X up to ship off to the winning bidder. Much to my surprise, the seller responded quickly and was willing to help me out. Thanks to his generosity, detailed images of a fourth of the five figures from this set are now a part of the Neighborhood Archive.



Now if I could only find someone who's got the Queen Sara figure or any other pieces from this set...

And to the eBay seller who provided these images, if you happen to be reading this, thanks again for your time and generosity!

No comments: