Search the Neighborhood Archive

      

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mister Rogers Tattoos

We've all heard the urban legends about Mister Rogers -- he was a Navy Seal, he was a sniper, he wore sweaters to cover the tattoos on his arms. Of course, those legends have all been debunked time and time again, but speaking of Mister Rogers and tattoos...

I received an email from Betty Aberlin this morning who shared a photograph with me. Apparently her cousin ran into a woman in a Seattle drugstore and snapped a picture of the woman's impressive tattoo.


Wow!

A quick search online shows that there are others who have adorned their body's with the image of everyone's favorite Neighbor.


Image courtesy of MySpace


Image courtesy of TattooSnob.com


Image courtesy of flickr

Not sure I'd have the guts to do something like this. In fact, I know I wouldn't. But if you've got a Mister Rogers tattoo -- especially one featured in the pictures above -- drop me a line. I'd love to hear the story behind your ink!

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Wow, indeed.

Just wanted to tell you how delighted I am by this site. Wonderful work on your part, much appreciated by MY WIFE and myself (who both still watch Fred when we have the opportunity, at ages 56 and 58, with no children present.)

TL said...

Suldog -- Glad that you've found the site! Stop by often as it's updated just about every day!